Thursday, June 23, 2005

Cosmic Coincidences



Some people don't believe me when I tell them of these weird things that happen. I call them COSMIC COINCIDENCES. Some say that there is no such thing as a coincidence, that things happen for a reason. Others blow it off, as just weird.

I'm trying to figure out where to start.

Let me give you an example of what happens to me. One day I'm at work and thinking about how I need to buy the movie Conspiracy Theory, because I like Mel Gibson's performance in it. In the morning when I got home, I watched a Saturday Night Live that I had recorded. They had a skit on there that had italians in it. I was thinking, "Wow, that would have been neat if they would have had Father Guido Sarduchi in it. (Who used to be on SNL in the 1970's) I wonder what he's doing now?"

After SNL, I turned channels and what did I find on TBS? That's right, Conspiracy Theory.

I thought that was really weird and I kept turning channels. For some reason I stopped on a sports channel. On there they started talking about how when they play baseball by the bay, they have these dogs that jump in the water and get the homerun balls. I thought okay. Then they said, "Don Novello came to us one day and said that we should mix America's favorite past time with man's best friend." I thought the name, Don Novello sounded familiar. Shortly after that they have an interview with Don Novello. It was the guy that used to play Father Guido Sarduchi.

I almost fell out of my chair.

My friend says that if you are pregnant, then all of a sudden you notice all these pregnant women. You just notice it more, when it identifies with you. That's all fine and dandy. I actually like that saying it's kind of cute.

BUT.......................................

What makes us think of the things in the first place. These kind of things happen to me all the time. Months ago, I was thinking of Hunter S. Thompson, and then the next day I found out that he killed himself.

There are several more that I can't think of right now. I believe things like this happen alot, but people just think them coincidences. A couple of my friends have had these things happen to them after I've talked about it.

My friend asks me why I don't believe in GOD, but I do believe that something COSMIC is making these things happen?

The truth of the matter is that I don't know what makes it happen. I do know that there's no real divine intervention going on, because there is never a reason for it.

WHY did I think of the movie Conspiracy Theory and then see it on T.V.?

If coincidences happen for a reason, then what are the reasons for these?

You may all think that I'm nuts, but then again what's new.

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

True, you are NUTS!

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Yes you are nuts but we would not have you any other way!