Sunday, June 12, 2005

Procrastination



That's me, Lazy.

Write a couple scripts, but don't send them in.

You could apply at the television station that your friends work at, but don't go pick up an application.

Why do I not do the things I should and always do the things I shouldn't. It's so much easier to do nothing, then to get off my ass and do SOMETHING. I think, "Hey, I'm going to order that guitar off of the television and learn to play it." When it comes, I play it once and put it away. TOO DIFFICULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where would this world be if Jimmy Hendrix, The Lumiere brothers, Thomas Edison, Rosa Parks, William Shakespeare, the Wright brothers, and MANY others said that it was too difficult? We wouldn't have the beautiful things that they created that's where. Not that I am a genius by any means. Who knows though? I could be great. Then again there's hidden potential in all of us. It's just doing something with it that makes it life changing or not.

Seize the day.

Grab the bull by the horns.

Live everyday as if it's your last.

Words to live by, but we don't. We are too busy worrying about whether our TV show got recorded or if the traffic is going to be bad on the way home. We don't focus on what is in front of us. Bruce Lee once said, "It's like a finger pointing to the moon. Don't focus on the finger, or you miss all the heavenly glory." Take in everything.

I know that this post if all over the place. We don't take time to enjoy, or do the things we should. We are too busy coping with society. We are routine and formulaic. We get in our cars, drive to work, walk into the building, do our job, get back in the car, and drive home, without really seeing anything or doing anything different.

One day I took a wrong turn on the way home. I drove around and around in some residential area. I loved it, all my life of living here, I had never been there. I was annoyed at first, but then I enjoyed it. It's funny because I'll talk about all the stuff that is wrong with society, but then I'll go back to living right in the middle of it. I just wanted to vent.

I am angry with myself, and my behavior on certain things. I don't send in my scripts because I have only had 3 people read 2 of my scripts that I've written. They said that they are good, but not everyone that I would like, wants to read my scripts. I'm sure that it is a thing that writers and any creative person has. Not knowing if your stuff is any good. We are our worst critics.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I am going to try to change. Yes, I know that Yoda said, "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY." I will print up my scripts and rewrite what needs to be rewritten. I will not be sucked into the materialistic world. I will read more, and learn more. I will eat healthier. I will drink more water. I will have quiet time to myself, with no TV, DVD, or music. I will be thankful for the things I have and retrospectful of the things that I've lost.

I used to complain about my shoes, until I met a guy with no feet.

Have a lovely day everybody!

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I thought I had read all your stuff, if there is something you want me to read just let me know. I will try and fit it in aound my reality TV schedule. :)

Dakini said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. H said...

Geez brig, why do you think everything is about you? :)
Phillip is famous for having rocks in his ass and his hands in his pockets! I think that is how it actually went, he will correct me if I am wrong. He is most definitely a thinker and not a doer.