Thursday, June 30, 2005

Secure this bitch.....



My job was going good until about a week ago. The real shitty part happened today. I won't go into it, as it is just boring ass Suprervisor drama. Just when I began really enjoying my job, this shit happens. Another Supervisor pulling one of my guys and not notifying me of it. Imagine my suprise when I get blamed for not having a position filled. I did, but he didn't show up. I don't know why. OH wait, that dick supervisor took him from me and made him work for him.

So now I'm screwed. On a day that I was just going to be kicking back with friends is now a work day. I have to fill a shift tonight. Granted it's only for 4 hours, but it still sucks.

The biggest problem is that now I am hating the place that I work so bad, that I want to quit. The owner tries to blame me for not communicating with the thieving supervisor. Well gee, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I was suppose to call him and ask, "Hey, are you thinking of stealing any of my guys this week?"

The other thing that sucks is that now I am second guessing myself. I spoke to the thieving supervisor and he said that he told me he needed my guy. I was pretty sure that he didn't tell me, but now I am wondering if maybe he did. I could have been thinking of something else when he told me, or I could have acknowledged it, but not written it down. WHO KNOWS.

All I know is that I am pissed at the entire situation. I hate that I have to work on my day off. I hate that I don't get paid as much as the other supervisors and I have a bigger schedule to fill. I hate that the owner doesn't really get things sometimes. I know that you will say, "Well things suck. Buckle up butter cup." It's not like that. I mean yes there are worse things that could happen. I could wake up and not be able to see, or walk.

With great power, comes great responsibility. That's what they say, but I think that sometimes the responsibility out weighs the power. I know that none of you care and maybe I'll erase this, I don't know. All I do know is that I am pissed and I hate my job. I want to go far far away and never deal with this again.

I get paid pretty good for doing what I do, but when it rains it pours. I try to let things slide off my back, but sometimes they stick for a little bit. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I quit. What would they do without me. Not that I am all that great, but I do alot for the company. I'm sure some of you will say that I am just a fucking security guard. That I should just go back to work and everything will be fine. Maybe and maybe not.

I should either tell them to forget about me being supervisor, or to pay me more. All I know is that I will probably be angry for quite awhile. I know that this is what alot of you put up with at work, but I had never until recently. Sucks to me I guess.

Well anyway I have to go to work now. Just thought I'd vent. Who cares.

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I care, and you should tell them you want more money, especially w/ the new longer drive causing more wear and tear on your personal vehicle, not to mention gas prices. Maybe you could tell them to SUCK IT!

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I care too, I agree with mrs h. about the more money thing also. Being a supervisor definately has it's high points but also a lot of low bull crap ones. Your story reminds me of when I was at Amex and I had a specialty team, if call volumes went to shit it was my fault, never mond they have a full department devoted to scheduling and making sure they do not approve too many people off on the same day, nope it was my fault. So I totally understand. Sorry you have to work your day off, it sucks.