Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"So long as there are men there will be wars."-----Albert Einstein



I respect any man who fights for our country, but especially the World War II veterans. Soldiers have to do what they are told. Next time you wake up and don't want to go to work, just think of the men who landed on the beaches in 1944. They had no choice, they had to "take" the beach. You have a choice about work.

Our country is what it is because of the soldiers that fight for it. If I were wearing a hat, it would be off to them.

Soldiers are scattered all through the world, in places that we don't know about. They are fighting for our freedom, and against the tyranny of evil men. They are dying every day. We need to acknowledge this.

Be thankful that you are alive today, and that you don't have to "take" a beach from some Nazi's who are a mile away.

Sorry for the more serious blogs. I'll get crazy next time.

1 comment:

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Thank you for this blog. I agree it is important to thank those that have sacrificed. I wish you could have heard my grandfather tell stories about when he was a prisoner of war at the Battle of the Buldge in WWII. He was held for 10 1/2 months, saw horrible atrocities, was 2 days away from his execution when the US came in and saved him and his fellow prisoners. I have great respect for him, I only wish he was alive now so I could hear his stories one more time. My other grandfather served in the Marines during Korean War, my dad served the Marines in Vietnam (3 frikkin tours), my brother served in the Marine Corps, my current roommate served in the stupid war we are in now. These people are such brave individuals and I am so blessed to have had them in my life and I am so proud of what they did for this country. Thanks for letting me go on, I may not agree with the war and the president but I will NEVER stop supporting our troops.