Wednesday, June 08, 2005

"You've fooled them, haven't you Michael? Well, you haven't fooled me."-----Dr. Sam Loomis



The year was 1978. That is when my oldest friend and I met. It was second grade and I remember the shirt that he was wearing, and the jokes that he told to Vicki Bush. I remember how he would make a friend of ours laugh at lunch so much that milk would come out of his nose. Poor guy, we would give him our milks so that we could then make him laugh and watch the milk spill onto his tray.

I want THE WORLD to know that I do hold my oldest friend close to my heart. He said that he doesn't remember when our conversations started centering around movies. It was 20 years after we met, that that started happening. The funny thing is that we can't remember the things that we used to talk about.

Occasionally we talk about other stuff, but not that much. I'm thinking it's maybe because he's married and I am not, and he feels that I can not identify. All I do know is that we don't open up to each other as much as maybe we should. I'm sure that we will try. I think that we maybe believe now that we have to talk about movies to keep the conversation going. Then again, it could just be that nobody else likes movies that much, or knows the names that we know. Therefore, we talk about it to each other.

It's been 27 years since I met my friend in second grade. We were just turning 7. I think that our friendship should be deepened. I have always thought this, but it is sometimes hard when you can't hang out as much as you would like.

To my friend, I love you and will always love you (Not in a BRAVO channel kind of queer way).

To ALL the others, this doesn't mean that I love you any less.

"Waiting for your sex?"-----Miles Russell

1 comment:

Dakini said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.