Monday, September 19, 2005

Things that I miss


I was watching the Emmy's and they paid a tribute to Johnny Carson. He died this year. It was a great tribute and I miss The old Tonight Show. Jay Leno is a suckass phoney. Granted David Letterman and Conan Obrien are funny and cool, but nothing as good as Johnny Carson. I know some of you may not know or care about Johnny Carson, but I do. This is my blog after all. There was just something about watching Johnny at night before I went to bed. Occasionally I would bump my head on the wall as I went to lay down. I would then complain that I hit my head. I knew that the song says something something, went to bed, bumped his head, couldn't get up in the morning. I would say, "Mom my head hurts." She would say, "Well maybe you should stay up awhile and I'll monitor you." I was like cool, now I can watch Johnny Carson.

The other thing that I miss is Saturday morning cartoons. In this age of Cable television the Saturday morning cartoon has died. I used to wake up on a Saturday morning at 6:00 or 6:30 to watch Thundarr the Barbarian and The Smurfs. I would spend the night at my grandmas because I knew that nobody in my household would be up that early on a Saturday. Grandma would wake me up and I would sit there while it was still dark outside and watch my shows. Her and grandpa let me watch my cartoons until about 10:30 or 11:00 in the morning. Everyone else would sleep in on Saturdays. Hell it was the weekend. Why not? You can never get those feelings back. I can see it in my head and imagine how cool it was. Every once in awhile, I smell something that brings me back to a certain time in my life. Sometimes I just let the images flow back to me, but there are times that I can't place the smell. It would be nice to bottle those smells that bring you back to childhood. I know that you will all make jokes about the smells are coming from my ass, or that what I probably smell is a mildew infested trailer. So I beat you to it. That's what I do.

The only other thing that I miss is early morning in high school. Either the time that you hang out talking to your friends before class starts, or going off property for lunch at McD's. (Speaking of that Mrs. H. you owe me a 1971 penny.) High School in general was one of the best times in my life. I never went to a University so I can't say that that was the best time in my life. (Most people say that.) I'm not saying just the school part of high school, but the entire high school years. I met Mrs. H., I used to watch Moonlighting on Tuesdays, I would party and hang out with my friends. It was a great time had by me.

I just thought of something else that I miss, my grandparents who died years ago. They were the only people that really took care of me when I was younger. I miss them alot. I believe that I am who I am because of them. I also miss my dog Timber, my Star Wars toys, my G.I. Joe toys, my General Lee model, and my childhood.

What does that say about me as a person? Am I saying that I want my childhood back because I'm not happy with my current station in life, or do I just want happy times that I know are there? You never know what's coming around the bend. I know when I was happy, but I don't know if I'll always be happy. Do I have some unresolved issues with my parents? I have no idea. Sometimes I want to seek therapy, but then I think that it's just a bunch of stuff that I can fix on my own. Like I have money for therapy. Then again maybe this blogging thing is good therapy for me.

I hope that everyone is happy and life is good. I hope that your childhoods were as precious and memorable as mine. I hope that you all enjoy my walk down memory lane.

Peace out Bitches!

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Yes, meeting me was, quite possibly the best thing that EVER happened to you. The smell that always reminds me of you is Gardenias. Picking you up/dropping you off at Grandmas, the right time of year, that whole neighborhood just smelled like them. That's all FUCKER!

MOVIEMAN said...

That's HOT, bitch.