Sunday, October 23, 2005

Always thinking

I wrote this the other day:

The date is October 21st, and I'm sitting in a golf cart watching an area where Christmas stuff is being set up. I have 5 months and 1 week until I start my trip, yet all I can do is think about it. I keep rerouting my trip to new locations. I can't help but think of what music I'll use for my video, or what funny things I'll do. It's torture and I can barely stand it.

It's definately a good thing, because it keeps me focused. I know that I WILL save the money. The only bad thing is when things come up that cost money. That takes me down a peg, financially and mentally. As of right now I have -68 dollars in my checking account. I have a check coming on the 25th, but more money will be taken out of that. I have cancelled cable and stopped buying DVDs, but still things come up.

I was happy because I'd have 890 dollars on the 25th and that would be a good start. Then I realized that my insurance was due, and that's 55 dollars. No big deal, I thought. Well, now I will also be paying the -68 dollars, 65 dollars for my APS bill, 40 dollars on the last of my cable, and my Southwest Gas bill. It hurts me to think about. It's 2 steps forward and then 1 step back. On top of all that, I owe my dad 468 dollars. OUCH!

I have done some checking on things and some figuring. It seems that I may not have enough money to leave on April 1st. I may have to wait until May 1st. That really sucks because I have a set date of April 1st and if I postpone it, then I will have excuses to postpone again. It would be nice to have as much money as I could, but then I may never go on the trip. My aunt and uncle are still going to buy my T.V. for between 600 and 700, plus give me their T.V. That'll be nice. I'm really contemplating selling the rest of my DVD collection. Although, they are 374 really good movies, but then again they are still just things. I could rebuy them when I get back. Except that would be a waste of money. I just keep trying to think of what I could sell, and that's all I got. I'm hoping that someone will pay alot on ebay to sponsor my trip. From what I've checked though, it doesn't look good.

I've figured out how to get the stuff I need for the trip. I will ask for camping stuff for Christmas and also have a party before I leave. I just want to go as soon as possible.
I'm wondering what's going to happen when I get back. I will have went on this huge road trip, and then I'm going to go back to my mundane life. It'll be like a drug and I'll want more. After living so carefree on the road, I will hate to go back to a controlled work environment. Mrs. H. would say that I'm, "Borrowing Trouble." I may be, but that thought jumped into my head the other day.

The other fear, of course, is that I may get all the way to New York or someplace and run out of money. Then what do I do? What a buzz kill that would be. Then again I'm thinking too far ahead. I haven't even saved the money yet. I want to think of every possible thing that could go wrong, then I'll be covered. Better safe then sorry.

Some of you may care, and others may not. You're probably sick of hearing about it. I can't even explain how excited I am. I'm sure that it'll all work out in the end.

Just thought you might want to hear what's going through my head everyday.

Love ya.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

You haven't really stopped buying DVD's though. Well, I guess technically if you just stopped buying them a few days ago when you last bought some!
You just need to budget how much your bills are aeach month and put those figures into your planning, so you aren't disappointed when you have to pay your bills and save less each payday.