Thursday, October 20, 2005

"God like" coffee, rain, a poem, and other observations of life

I've written about the sayings on the Starbuck's coffee cups, but now it may be getting too weird. The latest saying that they are putting on their cups is about GOD. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read about it in the paper.

This is what it says:
"You are not an accident. Your parents may not have planned you, but God did. He wanted you alive and created you for a purpose. Focusing on yourself will never reveal your purpose. You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense. Only in God do we discover our origin, our identity, our meaning, our purpose, our significance, and our destiny."- Rev. Rick Warren for Starbucks

This man is the author of The Purpose Driven Life. From reading the article I've put together that other franchises put bible quotes on their wrappers in small print. I guess it's better to have it out there for all the world to see, then to try subconscious tactics. The other point of course is freedom of speech. They are not cramming it down our throat.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I got turned on for a second thinking about cramming things down throats. Not mine, but yours. SUCK IT!

The next thing is the fact that some foreigners don't know the proper use of the language. I work at the Airport Hilton with a Filipino guy who did this exact thing last night.

Here was the conversation:
"Phillip, now there's another problem. The man in room 147, his T.V. isn't working."
"That sucks."
"Fuck. FUCK! You know Phillip, when it rains it rains."
"Yep, that's for sure."

Now I thought that it was kind of cute, but that it also made sense in it's own way. Of course, not the way he meant it.

When it rains, it pours. That means that when shit happens, it's usually followed by more shit.

When it rains, it rains. That means that when shit happens, there's nothing you can do about because shit happens. Kind of funny, kind of weird, something to write.

On Saturday I went to Mary's wedding. I bought her a wedding gift, but I also thought that I would write her a poem.

Here it is:
Mary your wedding was really fun,
It was a little hot under the sun.
You looked stunning in your dress,
And your cleavage too I must confess.
You and Cameron make a perfect pair,
Your wedding day, I'm glad I could share.
Several people have seen your exposed breasts,
Except me and Sean Connery, which makes me feel blessed.
I'm so glad that I met you, you make me feel happy,
Except when I love you is not returned, then I feel crappy.

I hope she likes it.

Now last, but not least. Tonight when I showed up at Mrs. H.'s house she had dinner ready. She made chicken enchiladas. They had alot of onions in them, but they were good. We watched T.V. and she listened to my boring stories. Her husband bought her the movie The Warriors. She likes that movie alot. They had a bomb threat at her work today and during the break she went shopping. Her farts smell like peppermint, and her skin feels like a hardboiled egg with no shell.

Not much I could think of, but that's about you.

Love you all. I won't be writing for awhile, as I have to work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I am off on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. That's when I'll be writing.

4 days off. I bet you guys are jealous. Although, I'm still a security guard.

I love you all, and have a good day.

I know that I will.

NEXT POST:
Something interesting about Stephanie......
More stuff all about Kris......
Something about Rylee......
Maybe something about Brig......
And shit about me, my life, my trip, and work.

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Thanks for getting back to the important subject of ME!!!!!

What to do? I won't have you bugging me for days....

Love you man!

Vashinaz said...

I'll bug you bitch...I'm off Monday and Tuesday...Suck It.

Love you too...I a Manly way.

Vashinaz said...

Uh...that was supposed to be in a manly way...Ha Ha

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

So i waited and did not see jack crap about me! Now I am hurt!!!! LOL Make me read all this crap and write nothing about me! Just kidding! Love ya see ya on the 9th!