Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sorry to, "THE DUKE"


This is an appology to John Wayne. I know that he's dead, but I thought I'd appologize anyway. I used to say that John Wayne was our parent's Arnold Schwarzenegger. Just an action hero tough guy. THen about 5 years ago my friend Joe told me that I should see a movie called, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance." I told him I would, but that was because Jimmy Stewart was in it too. I rented the movie and reluctantly watched it. I wasn't big into the movie as it was, on top of that, it was an early 60's western. I sat and watched it. I was drawn in, and John Wayne was no Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I won't go into what the movie is about, but I will say that I bought it right away. It's one of my favorites. I rented more John Wayne movies after that, and now I own several more. So, I'm sorry Mr. Wayne for putting you in the same category as a lesser talent. It just goes to show that you shouldn't speak about what you don't know.

For the ladies:
I'm sorry that I bored you.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Totally! - Just so there's no confusion, I don't mean totally about John Wayne - I don't watch movies, I mean you totally bored me!