Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"Surely you can't be serious?" "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

So I was watching the news the other day and I see that a whale was stuck in the Thames. I thought that that was really cool that so many people were pulling for him. They talked about how they brought in a ship to transport it, and I'm still thinking that this is cool that they are going to help the whale. They lift him with a crane, and I'm waiting to see where they are going to put him. I want to see the size of this tank of water. They have to have a huge tank of water, it would only make sense.

That's when I see it........

A guy with a hose spraying the whale. How dumb can you fucking be. No tank, just lay him on the deck and spray some water on him. Keep him wet, that'll work. MY ASS! Nobody talking softly to the whale, or anything.

Just a guy with a hose probably saying, "Uh, you'll be alright. We're almost there." Probably some sailor who only knows that he has to keep this THING wet.

Now it's not his fault. Like New Orleans, it's the fault of the people who come to the rescue. They have no fucking plan. Whales have been trapped in shallow water before and you would think that they would have a contingency plan, but NO!

"Gee Nigel, what are we gonna do?"
"Lets haul it out to sea."
"How?"
"We'll put it on a ship."
"How do we keep it wet?"
"Spray some water on it."
"Will that work?"
"That's what they usually do."
"Oh, your right."

THAT'S WHAT THEY USUALLY DO. The thing is that nobody has said, "Hey, I don't think that this works to well. It's too risky." NO, they just figure if it worked once it will work again. Maybe they haven't heard of the LAW OF AVERAGES.

Even the crew of the Enterprise constructed a whale tank in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Captain Kirk didn't say, "We'll just keep it wet." He fucking knew because that's the proper way to do it. I know that it was just a movie and Kirk is only a character, but they need somebody like that to figure these things out.

Will they build tanks for rescue operations?
I hope so, but probably not.

Response to disasters are changing because of what happened in New Orleans. The President of the United States even admitted to dropping the ball on that one. Not that I like him as a President, but I admire what he did. Although, if he didn't he would have looked like an ass. The point is that we knew the U.S. didn't do the right thing in New Orleans, and we know that these people didn't rescue the whale properly.

People are stupid. I mean look at these two miners that were trapped because of the fire. Well if the fire department could have got to them on time then those guys may have lived. Instead they were held up at the front gate waiting for clearance. By the time they were let in it was too late.

The thing that gets me is this. After they found the 2 dead miners they informed the media that there was going to be a meeting with top officials, and they would discuss what the problem was with response time. Now here's what gets me. They said that also in this meeting they will discuss putting oxygen tanks in the tunnels every so many feet. I just started laughing when I heard this. I was in the lunch room at work and was just laughing. Not for the dead people mind you, but for the sheer fact that they didn't already have oxygen in the fucking tunnels to begin with. Now my friend Serjio who works for the news informed me that they did have oxygen in the tunnels already, but now they want more. Still I just can't help but think that that's a NO SHIT move on their part. It just pisses me off.

Sorry for the big old post, but I was angry.

It's time for me to leave now. I'm sorry that I can't leave you with something funny, but it's way too early or late however you look at it.

I'll write more tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Love ya all.

6 comments:

Laume-White Lady said...

Rescuers aren't the brightest crayons in the box. I agree with what you said about spraying water on anybody! I mean even as a kid being in a pool, no one likes being splashed-even if they are already wet. I know what I am trying to say but it probably isn't coming out right. I am just saying that spraying a whale with a hose is just going to stress the poor guy out even more. Stupid people!

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Ya a bit ridiculous these rescue missions, and you cannot fault those actually trying to do the rescue, they are being advised on what to do by what they perceive to be experts. Oh well, so movieman when we getting together?

MOVIEMAN said...

Thanks for the comments. I am off on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So whenever you are available. Kris was saying something about you couldn't work out at night, so I thought that you may be busy. Give me a call or talk to me here.

Dakini said...

I loved your post Movieman! Loved it!

Everything is so true that you wrote.

Your getting down with the under dog!

Oh and about not faulting the people doing the rescue...HELL YES I BLAME THEM! The only way we made it out of New Orleans Death and destruction where people were killing and raping each other was because of the refugees just like ourselves. Not the people with their thumbs up their asses who can't make decisions on their own and believe what the fucking so called "experts" have to say about how to handle a situation. You wanna know how many military men I watched drive empty passenger vehicles by us, by women with day old babies that were pushed out of the hospitals while the babies are just dying there as they drive past not picking anyone up because of their goddamned orders from the higher ups! Fuck that!

Not going off on you Diva.

Society is just a fucking joke to me and everyone is so lost.

I can't say any more.... I would but I wont.

Yaddoshi said...

BBAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhnnn.......(the sound of a sheep falling off the cliff)

MOVIEMAN said...

Thanks Dakini.