Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Good and the Bad of my world

Here's the way my world works. I wake up between 3 and 7 pm, and then I turn my phone on. Now whatever messages I have will show up then. What with me being the supervisor, often times the messages are important. Like today when I woke up and checked my phone. I had 10 messages. I listened to them. The third message was from one of my workers that was supposed to work Friday night. He had an illness in the family and couldn't make it to work this weekend. He had called me at about 6:30 in the morning. That would have been plenty of time to figure out a replacement, but by the time I heard it it was too late. I ended up working it out so that I could still have the night off, but cover for about an hour and a half. After work I hung out with my friend Joe. We watched a movie called Hollow Point. It was a movie from like 1996 that Joe and I had seen back then. We liked it then, but it was a little cheesy now. Then he went home and I am writing this.

Now for the good and bad part. The good part is that my boss finally told me today that if I bring him receipts from my phone bill from January to now that he will write me a check. Also that we will then have the phone switched over to his service so that he can pay for it. Pretty cool.

The bad part is that with him paying for my phone that means that I have to keep it on all the time. That means that if someone calls in, I have to wake up and try to replace them. It sucks for me because sometimes when I'm woken up I find it hard to go back to sleep. The cool thing is that I will get a check written out to me for about 240 dollars, and my phone will be paid for. The bad thing is that I have to keep it on all the time. I guess you guys understand that. It just sucks because sometimes the bosses will call for silly reasons. It seems that they don't realize that us supervisors sleep during the day.

A little side note on that whole thing is what if I get another job here soon. My boss will have gone through all this trouble. Then again that's just me borrowing trouble. They owe it to me.

The weekend is coming and I will be working 16 hours on Saturday and 15 hours on Sunday. Hopefully I will only work 5 hours on Monday and 5 hours on Tuesday. There is alot of overtime available and I may take some. It was a pretty cofusing schedule this week. I got her done though. I've been telling Frank, the other supervisor, that I am tired of the security business. I told him that I want a real job. He is sad that I will be leaving him, but he's tired of it too. Although with Frank he is more of the security guard mentality. He will probably be doing it for awhile. I need a change.

Like I've said, I love that I can make my own schedule, but I am getting burnt out on the job. I've been doing it almost 3 years now.

I want a new start.
I want to go on my tour of the United States.
I want a new job.
I want a girlfriend.
I want a vacation.
I want to make a movie.

Thanks for letting me vent. I just thought that I would write to let you all know what is going on. My friends Dave and Rob start their new jobs on Monday. GOOD LUCK TO THEM.

Have a wonderful weekend and be happy that you are alive.

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Now you just need to get them to fix your car too.

Dakini said...

Good idea mrs.h, I like that one. 'hey you want me at work right? fix my car.'

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Cool! Hey I really need to talk to you can you call me soon? I do not want to wake you up! Love ya!

MOVIEMAN said...

They did by me 2 things of antifreeze the on Saturday. I spoke to you divaprincess and I am so excited. I have never been in a real wedding party. I've been best man at a justice of the peace for my friend Joe, but that's all. This will be cool. Todd's a cool guy. I was thinking that we would hang out on Thursday.