Sunday, April 02, 2006

My car, a mexicans, and a good time had by all

It all started the morning that I bought my radio. My dad wanted me to help him transport a car from the tow yard. I was supposed to follow him. We had them move the car out in front of the tow yard, so we could work on it and get it going. We put a battery in it, but it didn't work. The battery wasn't strong enough. I told my dad that we could use my battery to start the car with, and then while the car is running, switch the batteries and charge it up. As my dad was trying to clean the corrosion off of my battery, the connector came completely off. Now we had a problem, we weren't sure if the other car would even run and we had to figure out how to fix my car. The other car had no plate on it. We put my battery in the car and it still didn't start. Great now what? Luckily it was a stick, and we could push start it. The bad thing was that it was a hot day, and we had been standing in the sun for awhile already. We started to push start it, but my dad had to jump in to start it, so I had to push him too. After pushing it 3 times one way, turning it around, and pushing it 5 times the other way, we finally got it started. On top of all that, the ignition doesn't stay on. We had to tape the ignition on with duct tape. Then I checked the gas gauge and the car was on E. We had to hurry up and drive the car to the gas station. We filled the gas tank and then realized that the gauge didn't work, because of the ignition. Anyway, we drove to a mechanic and left the car there. Then we went to a bar and drank some beer, and then went with my dad's other car and drove back to fix my car. All turned out well.

While I was in the bathroom at the bar I heard some people talking at a table just outside of the restroom. They were white and they were talking about how hispanics are a majority now. They were insulting in a way, but I can't remember the exact thing they said. Shortly before I left the bathroom, I heard their demeanor change. When I stepped out I saw a mexican man talking to them. I just thought how bad that was.

Friday night Rob, Mei, Kris, Dave, and I went bowling. We drank and had a good time. Kris and I have this weird thing when we get together. Just the way we are with our looks to eachother and the ribbing that is involved. She'll say that that is an old man's term, "Ribbing". We were all drinking and having a blast. I know that the three or four of you that read this will say that I'm silly and sentimental, but I really love the connection that Kris and I share.

The anniversary of our friendship is coming up. I have some cool stuff planned. 17 years is a very long time. It's one year shy of half my life.

You are my best friend and I love you.

One other thing is that my friend Stephanie says that I live an interesting life and she wishes that she did. I told her that it may sound interesting, but if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Have a good day everyone.

6 comments:

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I am glad you had fun. I really wanted to go, but 1. we were broke 2. ni sitter for the kiddos. Oh well we will be able to go one of these days! I miss ya and hope to see you soon!

Mrs. H said...

So, I was "fixin" to tell you that yes, "ribbing" would be an old man word. Then I remembered Rob used it last night. Oh wait he is old. HA HA!
We do have fun! We rock! I have nothing planned for the anniversary of when your life began. Hey the theme of the night could be Beauty and the Geek! I love you P Dukey!

Dakini said...

Awwwwwwwwwe that was a good post. Your certainly making me miss Az and all of you! :(

My life with you all in Az seems like an actual life time ago..I MISS YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

And screw those asshole two faces talking shit about Mexicans. Can you imagine if you brought up what they were just saying to the man while standing in front of them...the looks on their faces would be priceless.

anyway...tell your dad I love him. :D

Dawn said...

When are we gonna hang out again???

Dawn

MOVIEMAN said...

We will hang out soon.

I miss you too Brig.

"When my life began." Thats funny. I don't have anything planned for the anniversary either, bitch.

Steph, you could have brought the kids and we could paid for your bowling and drinks.

Love you all.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Oh that is nice of you to say sweetie, but I would not do that to you guys. I am talking about dragging the kids along, hell I will never pass up free money LOL Just kidding. Miss ya and love ya!!! Did you see my new pics on my blog?