Tuesday, April 18, 2006

With friends like me....

Last night Kris and I had our friendship anniversary night. I was going to plan something really cool and special, but then I changed my mind. Everytime that I mentioned that I was planning something, Kris would tell me that I was worrying way too much about this. That of course made me assume that she didn't much care to celebrate our 17 year friendship. That's when I just changed the plans to dinner.

So last night I brought a disposable camera to take pictures of us before, during, and after dinner. I don't have any recent pictures of Kris and I. When I told her that I brought a camera, she said that I was a dork or something. For comedic effect, I threw the camera on the floor and didn't use it. She just laughed.

We went to the Elephant bar at Arrowhead. It was a really nice place. I liked it alot. We had lettuce wraps, a really good salad, homemade chicken noodle soup, salmon and rice, and chicken and steak fajitas. All of it was good except the Salmon. That's what I ordered. I just think that it was overcooked a little. Everything else was awesome. Plus I got a tall beer and Kris got a fruity drink. All of that for the price of what it usually costs us at Lone Star, and we just get steaks and sodas.

During our meal I explained to Kris that I was going to plan this cool thing where we would go to the drive in where we met and talk about old times and then go to dinner. I explained to her that I didn't think that she would have cared that much. She would have been like, "Oh are we going to the drive in? What are we going to do there? Why drive all the way across town?" She was hurt by this. She said that she always cherishes everything that I give her. I told her that it was just the way she was being when I asked what special place she wanted to eat at. She would say, "It's your night, wherever you want to go." I felt that it was our night and that we should pick a place together. Which we finally did. There were some other places that sounded cool, but she kept saying that she didn't care. She seemed unenthused by our anniversary, so I thought well why should I look like a fool and plan this whole big thing if she isn't that into it. She wants to eat and I want to eat, so that's what we'll do.

Now for the reality of it. That was me ASSUMING. I could have planned something special and she would have loved it. I shouldn't listen to her. Just like when I bought her the Sirius radio. She had told me not to, but I did it anyway. I feel bad now because she thinks that I think that she isn't a good friend. She is a GREAT friend. I told her that when I thought about it, I felt like I was a girl or something. Here I was planning all this stuff. I told her that what solidified what I thought was the way she laughed at me bringing a camera. When she did that I was thinking, "Good thing that I didn't plan anything, she would've just laughed." Also during dinner she told me that I needed therapy because I remember all her old boyfriends and anyone who paid attention to her. I am unsure if this was a joke or if she was serious, but that was a time that I was in love with her and that's why I remember those people. I know that some of you will say that denile is not just a river in Egypt. To that I say, "SUCK IT!"

Now, after dinner we were WAY full. Oh yeah, we had dessert too. Creme' Brule and Apple and Blueberry Cobbler. What a deal. We went back to her place and watched 24 and celebrity cooking. What a life we've carved out for ourselves. HAHA! In the end I realize that I was totally wrong. This is who I am. I believe that because of my fucked up childhood, that I hold my friends so close. That is why Kris is my closest and dearest friend.

I am sorry if I upset you. I love you with all my heart. (What ever part Rylee isn't in.)

Now for a little more about you.

I don't remember when we met, but I remember every moment after that. Every little detail. You laughing at me when I was standing on the coffee table with a tennis racket watching Thundercats. Eating microwave burritos at your cool apartment with the loft. You laughing at me when I was singing behind that girls back to Kiss' "Let's put the X in sex". You laughing at me when I burned my eyebrows off looking down the pipe in the desert, as flames shot out of it. The way you were swollen after your jaw surgery. Times at Denny's with Officer Bayer. The way that you and I used to wrestle. The way you, your mom and I laughed when I simulated sex with you, but then when Chris Canofshit tried it nobody laughed. You smoking pot and singing "In your eyes". The time that we drove to the end of the road with tears in your eyes, in the truck that we stole. The time that it was just you, me, and your mom in San Diego. The time we planned to steal that woman's baby. When I had to break your heart and tell you what a lying thief your ex-boyfriend was. You and Kelly pinching my nipples until I cried. Chasing that guy that stole your cell phone. The way you looked on your wedding day. The time that you cleaned my clothes because I got sick on them. The comedy writers in your head. The Real World Austin. Hanging out with you and watching T.V.

I am sorry that I said that you wouldn't have cared about celebrating our friendship. I was wrong.

I love you so much, "I'd die for you." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

April isn't over yet. Maybe we can still do something.

I may have already posted this, but this is our song.

When you're down and troubled
and you need a helping hand
and nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
and soon I will be there
to brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
and you know wherever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
all you have to do is call
and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

If the sky above you
should turn dark and full of clouds
and that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
and soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
all you got to do is call
and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend?
People can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you.
Well they'll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but don't you let them.

You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Oh babe, don't you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all you've got to do is call.
Lord, I'll be there, yes I will.
You've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got a friend.


Sorry if I bored anybody. I love you all.

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Yes, but you love me BEST and that is what truly matters!

I love you so much Phillip. I am so thankful that you chose me!

Last night was fun as always. We always have fun, no matter what we do. This was proven that day at the courthouse waiting for Rob and Mei to get married. Hell, we could have fun at the DMV. We are most always in our own little Phillip and Kris world, and it is fun there. I love how we can crack up w/ just a look to each other, because we know we are thinking the same thing. I even love it when you are a grumpy old man.

Oh and it's not the fact that you remember all my old boyfriends, it's the fact that you are still so bitter anytime you talk about them and those times. Build a bridge man! :)

Also you really should quit assuming things, you are never right in your thought process.

You are the brother I never wanted, and the best friend anyone could ever have. I love you!

MOVIEMAN said...

That so sweet. My sentiments exactly.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

That was really sweet Phillip! You truly are a great guy. I am glad I met you through our common bond friendship with Kris. i agree Kris is a wonderful friend, i would do anything in the world for her. I am like you where I hold tight to the few true friendships I have. I invited Rob over for dinner tonight, you are invited if you would like to come too. If not you can come over next week, we would love to see you!

Dakini said...

Awe...that's sweet. And yes Phillip, didn't we talk about you assuming things. You know Kris loves you regardless of if she does or doesn't 'seem' to be as excited about the friendship anniversary get together as you. Heck. That's just Kris. She has that tough exterior but she's all love inside! :D

That place you went to go eat at sounds Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL----Chris Canofshit...LMAO!

MOVIEMAN said...

Thank you all for being my friend.