Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wonderful things

Well first I was told that Frank and I will both get to share a company car on the days that we work. That is cool because it takes me about 30 minutes to get to work. That means that 2 hours of gas and wear and tear on the car will be in the company car. Very cool. Also I will not be having to deal with work on my days off anymore. That will all be taken care of by the other supervisor. I will work 3 days with 4 billable hours each day and then just driving around and helping or checking on the other workers each night. I will pick up the patrol car at like 2:45 P.M. and then go to work at the Airport Hilton from 3 P.M. to 7 P.M. Then I will be available in case anyone calls in. If they don't, then I will just patrol around helping and checking on guys. Then I go home about 2:30 or 3 A.M. I will be leaving my phone on all the time in case any of my workers or the bosses want to get ahold of me. They will pay for my phone. Basically I'll be "working" a total of 36 hours and get paid for 40. Hopefully it will never go past 40. If it does though I will charge them for it. They've been wanting me and the other supervisor to go salary, but we've said no. I'm pretty jazzed about it, except that I have to work on the weekends. All of my friends are off on the weekends. Frank, the other supervisor, says that if I want some weekends off to let him know.

I am looking at the postive aspect of it.

I only work 3 days.
I don't waste my gas.
I have 4 days off.
I don't have to deal with work on my days off.
I get my cell phone paid for.

Sounds pretty sweet to me.

Something else that's going on is that my mom wants to pay for me to come out to Kansas. I love to travel. She wants me to fly out there. I would really like to take a train. I have to check on how long a train would take to get there. She is willing to pay 510 dollars for me to fly round trip, so I am going to try and take a train and pay the difference. I think that that would be really fun and cool. Who knows when I would go. She wants me to go soon.

Now for what I did on Monday and Tuesday morning.........
I woke up at about 6 P.M. and turned on my phone to see if there were any messages. You see I haven't got the phone switched over yet, so I can turn it off right now. Now I was thinking that I was going to go to Mrs. H. for a Salmon dinner and then to work. The schedule this week still needed some ironing out. Anyway, on my phone I had 3 voice messages. The first one was from the other supervisor making sure that I knew that I was working Monday night. The second was my father asking what his schedule was for the week. The third was the best news of all, it was from the other supervisor telling me to forget what the other message had said. He said that I was off Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and "it appears that your off Thursday too." FUCKING SWEET! I was so jazzed.

I then went to Mrs. H. (OF COURSE) and had Salmon and a baked potato. Very good. Then Mrs. H. and I watched a little Shipmates, Punk'd, Scrubs, Unanimous, and 24. During our couch potato event Mrs. H. went in the kitchen and came out carrying a box of cookies with 2 glasses of milk on them for us. Very sweet. I love moments like that. So caring.

After watching our shows and her laughing at my clever way to fix her bra, she went to bed. I stayed up and watched Saturday Night Live, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and Medium. By then it was 4:15 so I waited to make sure that Mr. H. woke up on time for work. I woke him up at 4:55. I looked at MP 3 players online and then went to meet my cousin at Denny's for our weekly trip to Walmart for the new releases. I bought Grandma's Boy, El Dorado (with John Wayne), The Princess Bride, and Wyatt Earp (with Mrs. H.'s favorite Kevin Costner). That was a joke, so please don't go buying her Kevin Costner movies. I also bought a small Cylon Raider from Battlestar Gallactica, a princess jump rope for Rylee, a nerf basketball hoop for Rylee, some Pringles, and finally some nose hair trimmers that I've needed for along time. Then I came home and now I'm writing this.

Tonight my best friend and I are going to Red Lobster, but if he can't go then I'll go with Mrs. H. After that I'm hoping that we go to Target so I can buy an MP 3 player for me and maybe Mrs. H. I feel generous and I want to celebrate my new schedule.

Talk to you all later. I love you all and I hope that you have a good day.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Wow, I hope he can't go w/ you tonight so you take me.
F the MP3 player I want an iPod. LOL.
Hopefully I will feel better by tonight, I feel yucky right now.
Last night was fun as always!

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Sounds like things are great! I happy to hear good things are finally coming your way :-) Mrs H I heard about the MP3 player you told the Baron about I really would love one but do not need one and would rather he not spend that money on me. LOL I am a dork i know but that was sweet of you to call him for me. I love ya guys!

MOVIEMAN said...

Yes neither one of us was feeling too good. Ipods rock.