Monday, July 24, 2006

Weird days

I started the new patrol on Thursday. It is a real easy patrol. I listened to my Dane Cook cds. Then on Friday I started to head to work. I was supposed to be there at 3. Well Frank called and said that I didn't have to go in. They had someone else to work. I was like cool. Then I thought, "Well, hell, I'm going to stop and get something to eat." I stopped at my favorite diner, Country Boys. I went there and got a dinner for 4.49. It was country fried steak, mashed potatos, cottage cheese and a dinner roll. What a deal. During that the co-owner called me and said that he would like me to meet with the managers at the properties that I patrol. I agreed to do it. This is what I wish that I could do all the time. This is what they would like us to do instead of working the properties. That would be fine with me. Anyway, I met with all the managers and then met chip to train him for the patrol. It was an easy training job, because it's so easy. It's one of those patrols that you say, "I can't believe that I'm getting paid 14 dollars an hour to drive around and listen to the radio." Very cool. After the patrol, I went home and went to bed. On Saturday I was up and at work by 3pm. I then went and finished my shift at the Embassy Suites. That day I worked 14 hours. I got off at 5am and went to Walmart to buy some movies and some strawberries for my protein shakes. I have been bad and not drinking my shakes this weekend like I should. I feel bad. After that I went home, talked to Rob, had a beer, and went to bed. I came to work on Sunday at 3pm and ended up working until 7am. A 16 hour shift. Now I am finishing that.

Now the pretty cool thing is that I'm on my laptop right now writing this in the lobby of the hotel. How swanky. The company gave me a laptop and it has wyfi or whatever and can get internet in hotspots. There are hotspots in the hotel, but you have to pay to get online. I paid 10 bucks for the day. I surfed the internet earlier, but now after I write this I am going home and that will be the end of the 10 dollars. I guess that I could go to coffee houses or bookstores and get online in a hotspot. Now the cool thing about working 30 hours in the first 2 days of the week is that I still am scheduled for 3 more 10 hour days. That means 60 hours this week. That's 20 hours overtime at 21 dollars an hour. How fucking cool is that.

I spoke to my old friend Shawn the other night. I was telling him how things are going my way and all that stuff. He is the one that used to be the drug dealer. He was making alot of money a dealing to big people like Korn. He was big and muscular and he felt cool. Now he's fat, drunk, and feels like somewhat of a loser. It was quite funny the way we were picking on the way he used to be. He invited me to Thanksgiving and I accepted. He said that I have an open invitation. It'll be nice to see those people again.

It appears that I won't be having my 4 days off like I used to. I will get 3 days off so that's okay. Soon when I have all the schedules filled I will be working during the day in more of supervisorial type of way. I can't wait. I just have to fill some spots.

Okay, well it's 7:21 and I was off at 7. I will talk to you all later. I hope you enjoyed the update. I am off Monday and Tuesday of this week. Then next week I am off Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That will be awesome to be off on a Friday. I can actually hang out with Serjio.

I love you all. Everyone take care.

To all you women......I give your boobs a squeeze. ;)

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Great, but silly of you paying 10 bucks though.
See you tonight my friend.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I am so happy things are going so well for you. I am really happy the job is going so great, it is cool to see you happy!

Love ya!

Dawn said...

Hey hon - Is the Embassy Suites the one over on Greenway? I have a convention there in September.

It would be cool if I saw ya!

MOVIEMAN said...

No. It's on McDowell and 44th st. If you look on the side of my blog where the links are you will see your link. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had the time to sit down and read everyones blogs, but I will soon. Very soon.

Dakini said...

Poor Shaun:( I agree with Kris on the 10 bucks :P