Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Everything's coming up roses

Ok, so here's the situation. My parents went away on a weeks vacation aaaaaaaaaaand they left the keys to their brand new porsche. Would they mind mmmmmmmm well of course not. I'll just take it for a little spin....... Sorry, that was "Parents just don't understand".

Here's the REAL story.

On Sunday, the supervisors had a meeting with the owners. Now, there's me, Frank, and John. John has worked for the owners since they started the company. He just now decided that he will be a supervisor. So we have this meeting and the owners start by saying that there will no longer be a golden day program. We ask what that is and he tells us that it means that we will not be having our set days off. Plus they say that I am taking all of the work for this side of town. Meaning that I do the schedules and try to cover other properties myself. They said that that will stop. "No offense, but it's not working out." I explain that that is fine. They then lay it on us, the new plan.................

John will take care of South Mountain Patrol and some other properties. I will take care of Alliance Patrol, Embassy Suites, Airport Hilton, the Buttes (when they need us), Moon Valley, Cavan Commercial, and possibly a new account out on Dysart and I-10. Then Frank will get all the guard houses, and Sunscape Villas. Now Bryan who is a supervisor on the East side of town covers everything himself, and the owners never get a call from him. He doesn't even work 40 hours a week, but he gets paid 40 hours a week. Basically Salary, but for me, 40 hours at 14 dollars a week. So basically if someone calls off, then I will work for them. Or if I was short on people I would have to work until it was filled. The cool thing for me is that I have pretty much everything filled. The way I figure it, I'll work about 17 hours and get paid for 40. HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT SHIT? Of course I'll have to take care of the patrol car, and maybe meet with the mangers of the properties every once in awhile. Very cool. I will have the weekends off, unless someone calls off, and will be able to hang with my friends.

Now here's the kicker.

If we do get that parking account, then it will go to me because it's on my side of town. If that happens, I will get another dollar raise. That will take me up to 15 dollars an hour. What ever accounts they add to my side of town, I will get another dollar an hour raise. The bad thing is that if I lose an account, then I will get a dollar deducted from my pay. Very good incentive. I am happy and thankful for a wonderful job like this. The best thing of all is if I fill that 17 hours a week, then I don't have to work at all. I will get paid 40 hours no matter what. I just maintain the properties and keep the guys in line.

Also the bosses gave me several comments about how Frank leaned on me alot when we were both supervisors of the same property, and how much I was doing before. That made me feel good.

I am a happy camper.

Speaking of camping. I could do that if I want on my days off.

I still have to answer the phone 7 days a week. What price FREEDOM?

No to answer some people.

Diva Princess- I may be hanging out with my friend Joe on Thursday, but I will see. I will have to work 6 hours on that day, but it can be anytime between 6PM to 6AM. Oh, that was a little sappy, but it always makes me feel good to hear people talk good about me.

Dakini- No problem. You didn't wake me up. I was just killing a kitten when you called. IT'S A JOKE! I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. I would've liked to.

Mrs. H.- Don't worry, I know that you have family. I can respect that. I'm an only child, I can think of something to do.

Love you all and thank you for the kind words.

5 comments:

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

That is great news movieman! If you cannot get together that is ok, was just an idea. We can always try to plan for sometime next week since we still will not have the child. I am really happy your job is working out well for you. I love ya, you know that. Sp now we need to get planning your wonderful birthday party! I am so excited August 26th will always be cool to me as it is your birthday and the anniversary of when I met the Baron aka Mr Stephi now, in person. So since I cannot show you my boobs this year for your birthday you need to let me know what you aould like. I love ya!

Mrs. H said...

You know I love you, but there is such a thing as too much togetherness. It will rock if you have weekends off though, cuz now when you want to hang, on the weekends, I'll just let you hang w/ Ry and me and Mr. H can go out! Woo Hoo! You really only come to see her anyway!

MOVIEMAN said...

Diva, you can show me your vagina.

No? Well then you can just show up.

Mrs. H. I know about too much togetherness. I won't be over all the time. I would love to be used like that to watch Rylee. What a great idea you had. No seriously I do love the little girl and I would be glad to watch her. SOMETIMES! Ok Most of the time.

Dawn said...

That's great!!!

I only make almost 15 an hour and I've been there forever!

Yay I'm on your sidebar WOOO ME!!!

I need to write stuff here more often, I usually use Livejournal when I blog.

Dakini said...

Glad to hear the good news!!!!!!!:D