Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven't written anything in awhile. I couldn't get into blogger because I had forgotten my password. All is well now as you can see.

So Here We Go.....

The trip with Serjio was very cool. He picked me up at about 9 in the morning and then we headed East. My bosses were a little worried because I had just met with all my clients and they wanted me to stay in town, but they understood why I wanted to go. Serjio and I had been planning a trip like this for a long time, but never went. When my mom passed away, Serjio said let's go on this trip. So we did.

We stopped in old town Superior first. We walked around and looked at the old buildings and took some pictures. Then I saw a gallery sign. I told Serjio that we should go just for the story, and to look at the art work. We went up to the door, but it was locked. Suddenly the door came open and there stood a 76 year old man in dark blue scrubs with no shoes on. I said, "We're on a road trip, and saw the sign so we thought that we would check this place out." He pointed at me and said, "I like that. Come in." We did. The man's name was Jan Webber and he is a retired pediatrician. The gallery is basically his house. It was very cool. He told us the story of every picture in the place. He had drawn them all. He was an art student in Holland in the 50's. He told us of the children's book that he drew and is waiting for a writer. He told us the story of the children's book. It was very cool. We had a great talk with the man and heard some interesting stories. He commented on my Blues Brothers shirt that Mrs. H. had gotten me in New Orleans. A very cool guy that Serjio and I will never forget. Serjio bought a one of his pictures for 20 dollars. Then we left. We could kick ourselves because we didn't get a picture of the guy.

We left there and headed East. We stopped at a place and looked at old cars. Then we stopped in a little town and got gas and food. We were going to go to the Petrified Forest, but it was closed. So we went to the gift shop instead and bought stuff. We arrived in Holbrook and Serjio wanted to go to a strip club. Of course I wasn't going to argue. THERE ARE NO STRIP CLUBS IN HOLBROOK. So we headed to Flagstaff. There is ONE strip club in Flagstaff. We walked around downtown Flagstaff, ate at a restaurant, got a hotel room, and then went to the strip club. It was a nice little strip club. It was called THE JOINT. It was kind of neat, because we walk into the bar and we don't see any dancers. We ask the bouncer, "Is this a strip club?" He says, "In the back." We walk to the back, go through a black curtain, and there are the strippers. I thought that Serjio would have wanted a lap dance from a stripper, but he said no. He bought me one and paid the girl a little extra to make it a nice one. It was probably the best lap dance I have ever had. I thanked her, and told her that it was the best. Later I paid for another one. Then I paid for different stripper, but she wasn't as good. I DRANK ALOT. I didn't notice how much I had drank until I got back to the hotel. See Serjio was drinking mixed drinks and I was drinking bottles of beer. His mixed drinks were in small glasses. My beer was in a 12 ounce bottle. When he would get a new one, then he would order me a new one. I wasn't done with my first one. Next thing we know, I'm playing keep up. It was okay until I got to the hotel room. Then I threw up. Before that though, it snowed. It was cool. Serjio took pictures and we talked. Then I threw up. We went to bed.

When I woke up I went to take a shower and I threw up again and again. It was the water I had drank in the morning. We then went to a cool little diner in Flagstaff. I went to the bathroom after I ordered, and threw up again. This time it was yellow. It was scary, I had never had that happen before. Serjio said that it was stomach acid. I felt better after that and started to eat. Then I got sick again and threw up. I couldn't eat anymore. After breakfast, Serjio and I headed up north a ways and took a bunch of cool pictures. I threw up more. Then we headed back and I threw up finally outside of Chino Valley and that was the last of it. He dropped me off Sunday at 5PM and he headed home. It was a real nice trip, even though I threw up.

Then I was back in town. I slept for a little bit and then went and hung out with Mrs. H. GO FIGURE. Later on I went home and called the bosses the next day. I wasn't on the schedule, but they may have needed me for some other shifts or something. Then Monday night I hung out with Mary and Mrs. H.

Somewhere in the time since I wrote last I got a massage. Mrs. H., Mary, and I went to a massage place. It was very nice. I had thought that the woman giving me a massage was hitting on me or flirting with me, but she wasn't. I actually had the balls to ask her out, but she wants a Christian. TOO BAD FOR HER, SHE'LL MISS OUT ON ALL OF ME.

Then last Friday I met with a guy that I was interviewing, and my phone rang. I answered it. It was my boss.

What are you doing?
Interviewing a guy.
Well Gary and I are sitting here and we're playing a game, Dialing for dollars. I have 3 envelopes setting in front of me with money in them. Let's see how much you win for answering the phone. (He opens envelope) 100 dollars.
Cool.
Okay, talk to you later. We're going to call the other supervisors.

Later he called back to say that none of them answered the phone. They all called him back. They only got 50 bucks.

Closer to Christmas Keith called me and wanted to know when I was going to be by his house. I told him that I would be by later that night. He said that he had that money for me. I had told him that I needed some paper work for the new hire, and so he invited me in. When we were in the garage he handed me an envelope. He said that that was for Dialing for dollars. I opened it and it was $150. I said, "Wow, I didn't know it was that much. That's awesome." He said, "Well if you think that's exciting, you're going to love this one." He handed me another envelope. I opened it and saw a bunch of green. I thought that it would be like 2 or 3 hundred like it was last year. I counted it. It was 600 dollars. I was so happy. He put his hand for a hand shake, and I hugged him. I thanked him very much, and went home happy.

I shopped for Christmas presents and did all of that stuff. I did end up going to Joe's house on Christmas Eve and Mrs. H. on Christmas day. All is good. I got some real cool gifts. My friend Joe gave me his Xbox and some games. I got a digital camera from Mrs. H. Like I said, many cool gifts.

Now, every once in awhile I thank of my mom. Whether it be her and I sitting and talking or just her voice, it makes me sad. I am not saying that in death she is a saint, but I do miss her. It's so weird that she is gone. I don't know. I know that I never talked about my mother that much before, but it's the missed moments that get me. I'm trying to capture that in my everyday life. Never let a moment slip by. I don't know how to explain it. All I can say is that I didn't connect with my mother when I could have. I know that she could have connected a little better with me, but the fact is that I would just be kind of ho hum on the phone and that is sad. Although I know that alot of us are that way on the phone with certain people.

The things that get me are this.....
It was usually her that instigated the, "I love yous" at the end of our phone conversations.
The way she cried, on her death bed, when I played Rylee's video on my phone, or told her how we all loved her.
That she nodded when I asked her if she knew that I was there.

Part of it too is that maybe I was too rude when I talked about her. I just don't know.

It comes and goes. I'm doing the best I can.

Sorry to end on such a down note, but like Dante in Clerks said,
"Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

Thank you for reading.

I love you all.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I love you! Perhaps you should stop being so mean to your Dad when you talk to him. I think I may have mentioned that before. :)
Of course you miss your Mom, and it's not just going to magically go away one of these days.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I love you! I am glad your trip and Christmas were great. I will post about mine later. Thank you for coming to my party, sorry i never gave you a strip search for a present LOL I will talk to you later! Love you!

Brigitte said...

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU VERY MUCH!

I'm super happy that you had a good christmas! Given our new situations here...it was so GOOD to hear your happy voice on the answering machine!!!! I love you Phillip!

Life is fleeting, and that's what still has Matty going with the thoughts of West. We talk about it every day now. We watched clerks 2 and that made us real emotional. We want to be there with everyone.

I Miss you all, and even the people I have yet to meet.

I love you! You make me happy Phillip! Your my best friend and always will be forever!