Saturday, November 03, 2007

Dreams they are but a reality

I don't really know what I'm going to write about, but I do know that some people think they can immediately become rich. How is that you say? Well some have a certain way to gamble that they believe will make them money. My mom's boyfriend used to say that he could bet the come line on the craps table and always win. He would stay up for hours betting with pennies on a piece of felt that had markings on it like a craps table. It's called a craps table for a reason.

"Oh crap, I just lost a shit load of money."

Anyway, my moms boyfriend didn't die rich. Others think that they have the next great idea. Some really do and some don't. How many times in the early eighties did you keep your bag of chips closed with a clothes pin? PAPER CHIP CLIP!!!!! Ingenious.

Some are tired of working and see money being made in freelance work. Whether that be writing for a magazine, video taping weddings, or just plain being a guinee pig for science. My friend used to do freelance writing for magazines and she made some pretty good money. The problem that she had was that she didn't know how much she was supposed to ask for. It worked out. She would get like 300 dollars for writing like a one or two page thing on NASA. She's pretty smart. She didn't make loads of money and she didn't really stick with it. She is content like I am with writing stuff that nobody will ever see. Sad but true. As for the video taping weddings....

That may be all good and pay well, but it is going to be a pain in the ass to get established as a pro right out of the gate. It will be hours of taping weddings of people that you don't know, before you will make a dime. For some people this may be good, but for me it is not. I know that there is no money or joy in it. I myself would pursue something that interests me, like movies or commercials. I know that I can't just go make a movie and become rich over night, but I also know that I would have a blast doing that as opposed to the other. If it's a passion that fuels you to do it, then by damn, do it. Don't do it for the money. I see too many people doing things they hate just to make a buck. Do something you love and then you'll be twice as happy. I write scripts because I love being creative and creating my own world. I do not want to tape something that has been the same for hundreds of years. I want to create new things.

The third thing in that was being a guinee pig for science. I almost did that. I had just read a book about this guy who sold his body to science for a month, and then took the money and made a movie with it. I went and met with the doctor at the Maryvale Hospital on the third floor and he explained to me how they would have me ride a stationary bike for awhile and then they would cut open my leg and take a piece of my tendon, or ligament. I was interested, but more for the story and the money. After that they said that I would be locked in a room and they would monitor me and see what I ate. The room was like something out of a horror movie. Like a cell for a hostage. I really wanted to do that part for the story of it. After the meeting I went home and thought about if I really wanted to do that for 700 dollars. I decided no. ALTHOUGH, maybe I should have done it. Because that director who sold his body to science for the month made several great movies afterwards. He made El Mariachi, Desperado, From Dusk Til Dawn, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Sin City, Shark Boy and Lava Girl, and Planet Terror. He then left his wife and is now with Rose McGowan. Maybe I should have done it?

NAH!

I am happy where I am. I make enough money to make my own movies if I want. It took years, but Serjio and I are able to make our own movies. In fact I called Serjio just the other day to tell him that I had a breakthru on a short script that I had written about a year and a half ago. I am now going to rewrite it and we will make it. We have not FINISHED a project of our own yet, but we will.

I do and I don't know what all this was about. I hope you got something from it.

By the way, MY BESTEST FRIEND put 700 dollars down on a bed for me. I am so excited. I sleep on a futon mattress on the floor right now. Whenever I sleep in her bed when her and David are away I get the best night sleep. One day out of the blue she calls and asks if I want to meet her at the roomstore. I said ok. We met and I put a bed on layaway. I should be getting it on Tuesday when I get paid. Also I am going to Pinnacle Nissan to meet a finance whatever to see about getting a 2006 Mustang. I have always wanted one, and now maybe I will get one. Who knows?

"Things are going great, and they're only getting better."
Lyrics from a song the Kris despises.

I love you all and I thank you again Kris.
Have fun you guys. Go have some Clam Chowder at Fisherman's Village. The best ever. It's in the middle of all the shops. Damnit. I can't think of the name of it. It's blue. There's a picture of it on my Florida pics. I am wearing the green lantern shirt. ARRGGHH!

Oh well love and kisses on everyone's boobies. (EVEN TODD'S)

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

u r funny. I don't believe u love or have a passion about anything related to your job other than the money, but that's ok. It was still a good story.

Florida is nice. We are off to get pedicures and lunch today. Don't know that we will get to the blue place for clam chowder though.

Oh and in response to your whining about vegas on my blog...... Me going with mom and other girls is a lot different than me taking another man, even if that man is "just Phillip".

MOVIEMAN said...

The point being that I didn't get into this for the money. I enjoy my job and I get paid well for it. It's not my vocational choice, but it'll do for now. The thing with Vegas with David was just the fact that he hasn't been to the Bellagio. Not that I was another guy. I understand that you are going with the girls. That is fine. Hope you have a blast and go to the blue place, but if not I'm sure that you will have fun doing whatever you do. I don't know how you have fun without me, but that's another story.