Monday, November 19, 2007

Get out of my dreams and get into my car


Ever since I was a little boy I remember wanting a muscle car. Whether it be the 69 Dodge Charger on the Dukes of Hazzard (I am a Duke boy you know), the red and white 74 Ford Torino that Starsky & Hutch drove, the 78 Pontiac Trans Am that the Bandit drove in Smokey and the Bandit, or a 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback that Steve Mcqueen drove in the movie Bullitt. I have always loved muscle cars.

Well, my dream may be a reality. The above car is one that I am looking to get for myself right now. I only need 3000 dollars down and it's mine. I am so excited. I know that you're saying, "Phillip that's not a 70's muscle car." Oh I know that, but it's a retro style mustang. Retro of what, you may ask?

The 1968 fastback.

Anyway I took it for a test drive and I fell in love instantly. The salesman asked if I wanted to take it for a test drive and I said that I did. As soon as I turned the key in the ignition the V8 motor roared to life. OH MY GOD. The equivalent of what I felt is what Tim Allen made famous in his stand up and on his show. That would be the grunting like an ape from my pleasure of the manly sound of the motor. I sat there and revved the motor a bit. It was so awesome, all that I have always dreamed was at my fingertips, LITERALLY. Then after I checked out the interior, asked some questions, and brought up tons of movies with cars in them, I then took it for a spin. The salesman had a route already laid out and we drove through the residential neighborhoods. I barely heard a word he said because I was so focused on how cool and powerful this car was. I was going 30 miles an hour in a 30 mile an hour zone and I could feel the power of the car wanting to open up. Very cool feeling. I have only had crappy cars and never anything with balls. When we got back the salesman asked if I wanted to see the motor. HELL YES!!! I said yes I do. He opened the hood and it was so nice and clean under there. Nothing taped up, tied together, or just laying there loose. Ed, the salesman, told me about how he had the same motor in his Ford TRUCK. That's when I came on Ed and the car all at once. Kidding, sort of. Yes I'm kidding. We then went inside and talked about finances and stuff like that. They were very nice at the Saturn dealership just like Kris and Serjio said that they would be.

They called today to tell me that I am approved. It will be monthly payments of 400 dollars, which I can afford. The only catch is that I have to come up with 3000 dollars down. I am working on getting that from money that my bosses owe me. The thing that is funny is that I thought out of everyone, my dad would flip out that I was buying a new/used car. On the contrary. I said, "I'm probably going to be getting a 2006 Mustang." He said, "Oh I love those." Not that it would have mattered, but it's good when people are on board.

There are some cool things about me getting this Mustang.

1. I have always wanted a muscle car.
2. It's a Mustang and the name Phillip does mean lover of horses. (That just came to me tonight)
3. IT'S A FUCKING SWEET ASS CAR.

For those of you who are wondering. The above picture is exactly what my car looks like. It is not a picture of mine but of a 2006 Mustang. I know that I said MY car. Well I can hope can't I?

I love you all very much.
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

That car is AWESOME!!!! My sister in law has a 2005 Mustang GT Convertible that my brother got her for her birthday and it flipping is HOT! Good for you!Miss you and love you!

Mrs. H said...

Sorry it took me so long to read your blog. You already know my thoughts. I most definitely think you deserve something for just you. I think you are meeting your bosses now, hopefully they can help make your dreams come true.

Dakini said...

Sweet!