Saturday, November 10, 2007

Kicking back by the pool


This is one of the pools that my company watch. There are two. We watch them from 10pm to 3am Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It is the easiest gig in the world. I bring my laptop and my itouch, and I am set for the night. Plus I have time to catch up on my work. The only thing that sucks is that I have been stuck working it several times and it fucks up my weekend. Oh well, I can't really complain. I'm making my 18.50 and that puts a big smile on my face.

The other thing is that my friends Steph and Todd had their baby boy. I am so HAPPY for them. I hope all is well, and I'm sure the baby will be loved SOOOOOOO much. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!


Another thing that I wanted to write about is something that bothers me somewhat. I know that I've written about it before, but it bothers me a little. It's the feminization of America and perhaps the world. There aren't any real men any more. I know that you're all saying, "Gee Hercules, tell us more." I am not saying strong buff men are fading away. I am saying that REAL MEN are fading away. We used to have stars like John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, and Richard Widmark. Then we had Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Sylvester Stallone. Suddenly that changed and we had Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, George Clooney, and Josh Hartnett. Now we still have Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Josh Hartnett, but they are the everyman. We don't have the manly real man. The guy that will punch you out if you talk bad about his girlfriend. The kind of guy that will stick by his friend's side if shit gets heavy. I don't know where the fuck I am going with all of this, but it's not just hollywood that's gotten pussified. I doubt you people even care. I like to write and sometimes I think that I write some good shit, and then the only response is, "Wow that was long." I guess I kind of hope for some dialogue between people reading this. I think this........ Oh that's interesting. Whatever I don't really care, but now the people reading this will try an patrionize me. DON'T!

Anyway, I'm getting my bed. It comes on Monday. I can't wait. I have been sleeping on a Futon mattress that is about 3 inches thick. It will feel so good to sleep on a real fucking bed. It's been so long.

As for getting a new car. Well, I am still looking and have to get my 2 Nissans together so I can take those in on trade. That will also be nice to have a good fucking car. So sick of all the bullshit of piece of shit cars.

Now as for work. I am trying to hire more people so that I can be out of working all the time. Right now I have Monday and Tuesday off. I am getting a guy hired for Moon Valley and then I will be off Wednesday and Thursday. Still need to find someone to work these pools. It's close to me so I work one of them right now. It's on Carefree Hwy and I-17. Tomorrow I have to train a guy at 3pm at Firesky Resort and Spa. Then back to the pool tomorrow night at 10pm. Then Sunday I work 3PM to 11PM at Firesky. It should all be changing for the better. I know that I keep saying that. It will happen and when it does it will be glorious.

Sorry if I bored you all. I just find that all I do is write updates to my life and I have other thoughts in my head. I know that some of you who are not here like to read about what's up. That's mostly why I do it. I don't know I try to be funny or interesting, but nobody cares. That is fine. Don't pity me, I'm just stating a fact. I'm in somewhat of a funk. I try to not let work drag me down, but sometimes it does. Sorry to be a buzz kill. Just dealing with lots of stuff and trying not to let it consume me. That is how John imploded and that's how I stressed out back in the day. Oh well that's all for now. I just have to take a deep breath and relax. I am off work in 12 minutes. I will go home, and go to bed on my Futon. I will rest nicely and tomorrow is another day. Maybe my friend and I can go shopping or to eat? That's all for now.

"Every rose has it's thorn."
Poison

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Sorry you are in a funk. You forgot to mention Chuck Norris - he rocks!

I love you and call me when you are up and we can discuss dinner plans, unless of course you meant someone else. :)

MOVIEMAN said...

I am hoping that my funk is going away. You saw a little of it tonight. I received that call that they needed a guy at Chandler Court Apartments like in 30 minutes. I was thinking well I should be on the phone with more people trying to get this covered, but I want to enjoy my meal. Luckily the one guy that I did call said that he would do it for both days. That is a great feeling when that happens. Dinner was nice. Thanks for accompanying me. Chuck Norris does rock. Love Ya.

Dakini said...

sorry to hear your in a funk. I've been there before. I have more to type, but I guess you could say I'm in somewhat of a funk myself, though I shouldn't be.

Know that your loved and missed.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I just checked your page, sorry it has been awhile. Thank you for your Congrats, our little Lex is just the best. I think it has really rekindled the love Todd and I have for each other, being able to look at this miracle we created. I hope you can get out here and see him sometime. He has been amazing at night, we go to bed between 10 and 10:30 and he does not wake up for a feeding until about 3:30 (today it was 4:30) then he goes back to sleep for another 3 hours! OMG how did I get so freaking lucky? LOL He is very laid back, nothing like his dad LOL But he looks just like Todd. No denying this one! I am sorry you were in a funk hopefully that is over now. We love you very much and miss Uncle Phillip tons!