Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thoughts that go bump in my head

I am very greatful that Kris put the picture up of my car. It made me smile. Although, my car always does that. I know that you are all tired of hearing about it, but I love it so.

There are a couple things that I've been thinking about lately.

The first thing is how our lives are made up of choices. The other day I was about 10 minutes late meeting a new employee of mine. Her name is Jessica. Anyway, I arrived at the QT where we arranged to meet and then I told her to follow me to the location where we were going to work. I went to my car and I slowly pulled out and watched her to make sure that she would be behind me. As I watched her she backed right into a car that was pulling around behind her. I thought oh shit. Then I started thinking that had I been on time, the guy wouldn't have been there yet and she wouldn't of hit the guy. I knew that it was useless to blame myself, but it made me think.

From the way I have it figured, my life would have been different had I never flunked 7th grade. When I flunked so did my friend David M. That made me more aware of him. I didn't really start hanging out with him until about 8th grade and in high school. Next thing I know we are best friends. He got a job at the drive in movie theater and I thought maybe I'll apply. I did, and I got hired immediately. That is when David M. met this girl named Kris. We hung out together drinking and all but I was shy. One day I had a real bad hang over and asked if I could go home from work. I was waiting outside for my ride and she approached me, and tried to talk to me. I didn't say much because I was shy, and I wouldn't remember the moment because I was sick and out of it. I will be tortured for not remembering meeting my best friend in the whole world for the rest of my life. The point being that here we are 18 years later and Dave M. is not really in our lives. In the adventures of Kris and Phillip, we have met all kinds of nice people. Steph, Dawn, Rachael, Brig, Barb, Dobbie, Shawn, Serjio, David, Taylor, Ginger, Rob, Mei, Rylee, and several others that are too many to name.

Had I chose not to hang out with David M. or stayed friends with him when they broke up, I would not know the people I know. Maybe I would be totally different. Maybe I would have a degree in something, or my own house. It's the road not taken. WHAT IF? That's the big question. Kris's life would also be different in a way. Had I not got along with Brig, and her and Kris not got along, then we would have never went to Rocky Horror and in turn to Fighter Practice. Without that there would be no Rylee, no David H. and Kris married, and everything would be different. That's a very weird thing to think about, but it's true none the less.

I am happy with the way my life has turned out. I am glad that I get to know a person like Kris that makes me smile everyday. We do stupid shit together that makes us happy, and that's all that matters. Tonight we had milkshakes. YUM! It's little things that are wonderful in life. THANK YOU KRIS FOR BEING PART OF MY LIFE.

Now for something that happened last night that was very cool. I went to my dad's apartment after work to borrow 20 dollars. He asked me if I wanted to go have a drink at the bar with him. I said that I would have one drink. Well, we drove in my car to the bar and he paid the cover charge to get in. The girl at the front knew him so she only charged him for 1 person. We ordered a Large pitcher of Bud Light and listened to the blues band that was playing. On the television they had Jackson Barrett auto auction stuff on. They were showing all these old cars and muscle cars. They had some nice cars on the show. I would point out certain old cars to dad and he would admire them. He loves old cars. I started talking to him about the motor in my Mustang and just different motors. I asked him what certain things meant. He took automotive engineering in College and explained everything to me. We talked about firing order, crankshafts, hemispherical heads, rocker arms, pistons, and all other father and son type of things. It was very cool for me because I have never been that into cars, but I always wished that I was. Now here I am asking him questions and telling him what I've learned about my mustang motor. After that we went outside with these people that dad knew, Reuben and Sylvia. I spoke to Sylvia about my mom's wreck and the aftermath of that, and at the same time dad is talking to Reuben about pretty much the same thing. Anyway, they invite us back to their place, and we have some great discussions. Dad drank wine. I had a small beer and then water. We stayed there from when the bar closed until 6am. It was a good night.

Now, I realize that it's been awhile since I've filled you in on..........

THE ADVENTURES OF KRIS AND PHILLIP

A little less than a week ago we just sat on the couch and talked. No TV. It was a nice time. Tonight I went and picked up some Burger King for me and milkshakes for the both of us. David and Rylee were sleeping and we had no shows recorded to watch, so we put on a DVD that we had wanted to watch called Dirty Sanchez. It's basically Australia's version of Jackass. They had some gross stuff on it. A guy got Lyposuction and then his friend drank that fat that had came out of him. Before it was over Kris went to bed because she was tired. She missed the best part. One of the guys cut part of his pinky off with a cigar snipper thing. Then another guy got his tongue stapled. That same guy also had a nail hammered through the webbing by his thumb. Crazy. That's the weird shit that my friend Kris and I like.

Thank goodness I flunked 7th grade.

Have a good day everyone. I love you all.

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I too am so thankful everyday, that you flunked 7th grade and made the right choice in keeping me as friend instead of that other guy. I love you and all the silly fun we have.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I am glad that you were a big 7th grade failure too! I love you and I am so glad we became friends. I guess you, Kris, Dave and my kids are a few things I can be very thankful for the SCA for! I say my kids because that is where I met my ex and I would not have Will or Kenny without him. PLus Will was a Potrero War baby, Kenny was a Yule and Lex the day Todd and I got home from Estrella this past February LOL

Love and miss you and your car is HOT!