Saturday, January 05, 2008

You Don't Care About That, Do You?


Back in the day. When my family was a family. My mom and dad would order HBO or pay perview to watch fights. I had never watched boxing before, so I was excited. My grandparents would come over from next door, and maybe the neighbors. It was right when Mike Tyson was becoming great. We watched all of his early fights. We even watched the Sugar Ray Leonard/Marvin Hagler fight. That fight sucked, all they did was dance around. But Mike Tyson, he was great in his day. Before he got married and then divorced, he was awesome.

When I used to watch these fights I would tell my dad how great Mike Tyson was. Now my dad grew up watching Muhammad Ali and he would tell me that Ali was the Greatest. I had heard of Ali, but I had never seen him fight or knew much about him. For years my dad would tell me how great he was. One day while I'm managing the video store, I rent a 6 hour documentary on Muhammad Ali. I watched the whole thing in 1 or 2 days. That's when I found out.........

HE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME! The above picture is of his first professional fight that he won in the first minute of the first round. Too cool. The picture above is also a poster in a frame that my dad is going to buy me for my belated Christmas present. So ever since I watched Mike Tyson back in the day, I have always liked boxing. Now I may not know who is the current Heavyweight Champion, and I may not know tons of names, but I like it just the same.

Now back in the day I would be at my grandma and grandpa's house and my grandpa would be watching football. I started watching it with him and started to learn the game. Back then I had my favorite teams; The Dallas Cowboys, and the Chicago Bears. Something that I always remember is watching Monday night football with my grandfather. The time of night, and just the relaxing feeling of having just eaten dinner and now watching a football game. When ever I watch a game on t.v. at night I always remember those times at my grandparents house. I still like football. In fact, I can tollerate any sporting event except Baseball. I HATE BASEBALL. I of course would love to watch a game and be like all the other alpha males and spout out statistics like RBIs and rookie seasons, but I'm not. Same thing that I have with Boxing, I also have with Football. I don't know all the names of the players or who did what during what year. I also don't know who is AFC and who is NFC. I just like watching the game. I pick the lesser of two evils and root for that team. I really like Greenbay, but that is only because of Favre. Without him I don't know if they will be as good. There are two games on tomorrow and I am going to watch them. It is finally a weekend that I am off and I am going to get to watch some football. I usually only get to check the scores every once in awhile on a tv where I am working.

The whole point of this blog is to prove to people that like a Transformer there is more to me than meets the eye. I don't want to go play these sports, although I almost took up boxing when I was manager of the video store. I just enjoy watching them.

Kris makes fun of me because I don't make announcements or have never talked about boxing or football. The truth of the matter is that when I want to watch that at her house she tells me that she is not going to watch that. That is understandable. Also she likes to bust my balls and say that I like sweaty men in shorts who beat eachother up. She makes me laugh.

Just thought I'd write something, because I haven't written for awhile.

WHAT IS UP WITH ME?
I still fucking love my car.
I have filled the schedule and have not had to work very much.
I am loving my station in life right now.
I am happy.
I have friends that I love deeply and they love me.
I love my fucking car.

HAHA!

Have a good day everyone. Best wishes to you all.

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

You are hilarious! I had no idea watching football was such a sentimental time for you. I loved Grandpa, I'll quit picking on you about that. NOT!!!!!

You can admit it to me, your closest and dearest friend if you do love the sweaty man balls.

On another note, I am sure it was your Mother who paid for that Pay per view. Your Mother, God rest her soul, who worked her ass off her entire life for her family and whichever husband at the time. WORKED HER ASS OFF!!!!! Just wanted to remind you it was YOUR Mother, the hard worker. ((Insert subliminal thought here)) DO NOT SIGN THOSE PAPERS.....

MOVIEMAN said...

Part of it is that I don't want to mess with all this crap. The other thing is that my mom did love Jeff. Whether I do or not does not matter. I have no idea. I just want it to be over with.

I love you.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

I love you and if you were here we could watch football. I do know AFC from NFC I do know players, stats etc LOL I am a weird chick. Maybe next year you can come out here and go to Miami for the Super Bowl stuff here. i wish I was there for this years. The NFL experience ROCKS! If you can go, then do so. I went in Miami in 1995 with my mom and by myself in Tempe in 1996, I loved going with mom but think I had just as great, if not a greater time when i went by myself LOL Hey and I met Favre LOL Hugs and kisses, lots of love!

Dakini said...

It must have been a week ago or so, I was picking up some toy off the floor when I extended back upward I happened to catch your exact mustang turn around at our corner and then drive off. I thought of you and wondered if the universe showed me that car at that moment for a reason. There has never been a Mustang exactly like yours driving around little old Lima or our neighborhood. A yellow one yes, but that one is a 2005. This one that drove by was JUST like yours color year and all.

Miss you!

MOVIEMAN said...

That's cool. I am hard pressed to figure out the difference between 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. That is cool though. Maybe the universe was telling you to move to AZ.

I love and miss you.