Thursday, April 03, 2008

Wasn't meant to be


The dream is not a reality. I will not be getting the 4500 dollars it would take to get the 1973 Ford Mustang Convertible. :(

My boss told me this evening that there is no way that he is going to give me the money. He said that if I were buying a house, that's one thing, but to be buying a car that is going to be a project is something else. He said that I will have nowhere to work on it and store it. I explained to him that I would be moving to this house that has a garage in the back for me to work on the car. He still said no. That is fine with me. I do agree that I should check my finances first before I jump into something like that. It would have been cool, but I could always wait and get something that I REALLY want. Maybe an older mustang?

As for now, I am going to work on the 1961 Oldsmobile that is sitting at Rob's house right now. I will either have it towed to my new house or towed to Sheldon's shop. He is a mechanic that my dad goes to that does a good job. The car doesn't need that much done to it. Maybe even the guy with the Mustang will want to trade for the Olds. I doubt it though.

Here's what that looks like.


This one is run down. Mine is white with a nice interior. My dad traded me for a nissan and a 94 mercury for it. He says that it's really fast. This could be my first project car. Then I could work on getting some kind of muscle car.

For now though. I am extremely happy with GINA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course this isn't really Gina. This Mustang has a cold air intake. I do love my car.


Very fun and cool.

Thank you for reading, and have a great day.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Good for your boss/daddy!

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

Well I think it makes sense. I am sorry you did not get your car, when it is meant to be it will be. I cannot wait to see you....you will come by and see me and Lex right?

MOVIEMAN said...

You are right Diva, and of course I will come and see you and Lex.