Thursday, January 15, 2009

When I Die

My friend Serjio and I have figured out that we want our favorite songs playing at our funeral, memorial, wake, or whatever. Plus something that is interesting is maybe the way someone tells a story. For instance Serjio said that he wouldn't really have any stories of me to tell, but he would tell the Brigitte stories that we all love so much. Kind of funny to me.

Things that are also interesting is what kind of stories are the people in your life going to tell about you. When you leave this life of ours, will you have touched someones life in a special way. I think that I have, and I hope that people have great stories to tell about me.

The other day I went to Starbuck's for a cup of coffee and on the cup was written this.....

THE WAY I SEE IT #292
The way we get to live forever is through memories stored in the hearts and souls of those whose lives we touch.That's our soul print. It's our comfort, our emotional nourishment at the end of the day and the end of a life. How wonderful that they are called up at will and savored randomly. It seems to me we should spend our lives in a conscious state of creating these meaningful moments that live on. Memories matter.

Amazingly enough that was a quote by Leeza Gibbons. I thought it was very profound and thought that it was written by a scholar of some sort, but it wasn't.

A song that I will definately play at my memorial is the song, "Say" by John Mayer. The song was in the movie The Bucket List.

The song is about what I had said at my mom's memorial. Cherish every minute. Say what you need to say.

Here are the lyrics for Say.......

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put ‘em in quotations

Say what you need to say [x8]

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you’d be better off instead,
If you could only . . .

Say what you need to say [x8]

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You’d better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say [x24]

It's a very great song. Things that I missed was little things that I didn't say to my mom when she was alive. Kris sometimes makes fun of me that I want a hug before I leave or she goes to bed. That could be the last time that we see eachother alive.

Sorry so kind of morbid, but please Cherish everyday and every little minute that you are alive. It all matters.

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Well I have nothing to say. Just don't want you bitching about yet another thng if I don't leave a comment.

Love you. Thx for the taco bell.

MOVIEMAN said...

Thought you'd comment on the song or maybe your favorite memory of me. I am so full of myself. NOT!

Your welcome.

Thank you.

Mrs. H said...

My first sentence was in reference to the song. Guess I should have put the word say in quotes for the slow people. Also, I have way too many happy memories of you to pick one. Oh and you aren't dead yet, so chill.