Monday, September 06, 2010

Shooting the sh*t


Religion is a funny thing. I think that I am a believer, but then there are times when I just don't know. Some things can't be explained but then sometimes it's looking for these miracles that make it seem absurd. Did Jesus exist? Yes probably so. Does GOD exist? Who knows. The Big Bang Theory is a very good possibility. I mean you can combine all kinds of things to make something. Hell, who knew that Mentos cause Diet Coke to explode? Was Joan of Arc of nutcase who heard voices, or was she an instrument of GOD? Very interesting. I am not really sure, but my friend Serjio and I will discuss these type of things on our radio show tonight.

Another thing that drives me nuts is REALITY TV. If this isn't the dumbing down of America, I don't know what is. Although there were shows back in the 50s that were a form of reality. They had a show that was called Queen for a Day, and the contestants would tell their life story and then people would vote on whose story was the worst. Then that person would win Queen for a day. Another show was called beat the clock. It was a show where people would win money if they perform a task in a certain amount of time. Those sound like they could be fun. Those are game shows, and not reality tv. Now we have just people who have no moral values, no brains, and no good reason for being on tv. It's annoying because we watch. Why? Who knows. To see people make asses out of themselves or to make yourself feel better about who you are.

I don't fucking know what the world has become. Hopefully we will get out of this funk and do something of importance. By we, I mean America. I don't give a shit what Lady Gaga is wearing, listening to, or buying at Starbuck's. My friend Serjio says, "The important information is getting pushed out of our heads, and the useless stuff is gettting put in." We may forget something like what year Colombus sailed the ocean blue, but remember "The situation" on Jersey Shore. How fucked up is that?

Well I could talk about this forever, but I will leave you with a movie review.

A movie that I saw recently that was pretty good was called, Unthinkable. It stars Samuel L. Jackson, Carrie Ann Moss, and Michael Sheen. It is about a terrorist who plants 3 nuclear bombs around the US, and the people who are trying to find them. They interrogate the terrorist. It brings up questions. How far do you push a terrorist for answers? When is torturing someone for answers too much? It's a very good movie. I highly recommend it.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: