Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What is LOVE

After 39 years I actually have a girlfiend. We met at work and she totally gets me. She loves movies, she's sarcastic, and she's an oddball. So it sounds like a match made in Heaven, or at least Phoenix. Well, we've only dated once and hung out 2 other times. She's a cool chick, but how do I know if this is the one. I mean I understand that we haven't been together long, but we had talked alot on the phone before we dated. We asked all the like and dislike questions that you could think of. We really connect, and I like hanging out with her. However, my question is how do you know if you are in love?

I have only been in love once before and it was unrecoited. I knew that I was in love then, but then again I was young. Now I am older, and maybe I've been single for way to long. It's almost like I can't wrap my head around it. She likes all my quirks, and I still am not sure how I FEEL. I guess I am waiting to be hit by a bolt of lighting. Is that how I know? Will I be just taken off my feet? Will I get butterflies in my stomach? All I know is that I would hate to think that it wasn't love and then years down the road realize that it was. That would kill.

For now though, I am taking it easy. One step at a time and all is good so far. I am hoping that this is the one, but what are the odds that the one that I finally date is THE ONE. I am so torn, but have no idea what to do. As for now I am just going to take it one day at a time. We are having a good time together. Maybe I am in my head too much.

Well I am just wanted to write something. It would have been more profound or poetic but I am kind of tired. Ok well thank you for reading.

Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Quit borrowing trouble. Just follow your heart.