Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Learning, Nazis, and Death


This week on the show Shawn was back, and I didn't make any notes. I just thought that I would wing it and we would talk about whatever came up. That's exactly what happened. The only thing that I knew that we wanted to discuss was our thoughts on death, but that didn't come up until the end. 

So here is what we talked about.....

This radiolab episode that I listened to that is very interesting. 

Shawn talked about Creepy Pasta. What he meant was CreepyMcPasta. 
Here is the link to the youtube page. There are all kinds of weird things on there. https://www.youtube.com/user/CreepsMcPasta/featured

I couldn't find the Looney Tunes episode that Shawn was talking about that makes adults fall asleep, but maybe next month he will tell us more about it. Sorry.

Shawn mentioned these Russian Sleep Experiments that were done back in the day. Here is a link to a page. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Russian_Sleep_Experiment

I mentioned a documentary called The Last Nazis. Here is the trailer.

I mentioned a podcast that I couldn't remember the name of, but it is Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. The episodes that really stuck out for me, were the Ghosts of the Ostfront I, II, III, and IV. It's about the Nazis fighting the Russians. Very good and informative, if you can find it.

We talk for a second about a movie that came out awhile ago called Fatherland.
Here is the youtube link if you want to watch the whole movie for free.

We talk about Vietnam war movies.
Apocalypse Now

Hamburger Hill

We Were Soldiers

Another War movie that we talked about.
The Patriot

We talked about a podcast that I listen to called Stuff You Missed In History Class. Here is a link. http://www.missedinhistory.com/

A podcast that we both agree on, because it is so good. Is Invisibilia. Here is a link. http://www.npr.org/programs/invisibilia/

Shawn talked about a thing called Military Training 15. This is what I found when I looked it up. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-ff-na-jade-helm-20150508-story.html

A very good book about real history is a book that I mention called A People's History of the United States.

We talked about Douche bag Hipsters. Here is a scene from a movie, that totally captures the way Shawn and I feel about Hipsters.

Here is a scene from Day of the Jackal that I talk about.

While talking about my dad, we mention this song.

Shawn talks about how Bruce Jenner seemed to by fucked up on drugs during this interview.


We talk about death and I tell Shawn that I want my body donated to the Body Farm. Here is National Geographic site that I found about it. 

And of course we talk about the ending of the movie The Mist. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Thanks for listening. If you haven't heard the podcast, you can go to www.itskindofafunnypodcast.podbean.com or subscribe to us on itunes under It's Kind of a Funny Podcast. 

Please send any emails to itskindofafunnypodcast@gmail.com

Thanks again. Have a great day, a lovely night, and beautiful week.


No comments: